Chiba Gloves - Made In Germany
The World's Best wheelchair gloves are here!
If you use gloves with your wheelchair, you know the challenges that come from trying to use the wrong type of gloves on a hand rim. Weight lifting gloves and mechanic's gloves are simply not designed to hold up with the extreme demands of constant pushing, braking, and turning. Chiba gloves are engineering in Germany and designed specifically for wheelchair users. With heavy duty stitching, high quality materials, and gel padding in all the right places, Chiba gloves will outperform and outlast any other option on the market.
• Elastic top hand made of lycra for a perfect fit
• Elastic, secure velcro snap provides excellent wrist closure
• Assist mechanism for easy pull-on and pull-off
• Highly durable leather palm hand and digital leather trim ensure a solid grip
• Ergonomic gel cushions protect carpal tunnel and ulnar nerves, preventing numbing and
absorbing vibration while reducing hand fatigue
• Reinforced thumb area
• Double stitching ensures durability
• Thumb and top hand made of terry cloth for better perspiration control
Windstopper Gloves by Chiba are the perfect gloves to push through cold windy days.
o Windstopper Gloves are flexible with Thermostrech fabric across the top of the hand to keep a good fit even when you are most active.
o The robust palm is made of Digital Carbon Fibre with siliconized Clarino-patch to provide the best grip and highest durability.
o A strong Neoprene layer keeps your hands warm and blocks cold wind.
o Windstopper Gloves have a Windprotect layer that ensures your hand stay warm yet comfortable with the breathable material.
o Reinforced thumb area and double seams provide increased durability
o Reflector stripes
o Pull on-system
o Washable at 30°C
Composition: 31% Polyurethane, 27% Polyester, 15% Elastane, 15% Polyamide, 12% Rubber
• Elastic top hand for a perfect fit
• Ergonomic gel pads protect carpal tunnel and ulnar nerves, preventing numbness and absorbs vibrations
• High durable palm hand with Clarino and silicone print for a good grip perfect
• Reinforced thumb and palmhand made out of siliconized Kevlar for perfect grip and highest durability
• full thumb and longer fingers
• Quickpull for easy taking off the glove
• washable at 30°C
- Warm Winter Gloves have an elastic tophand across the knuckles for a comfortable fit.
- Are breathable yet water- and wind-proof due thanks to 3-layers.
- The adjustable Velcro wrist strap ensures a comfortable fit while an additional elastic cuff prevents ice, snow, and rain from dripping down the wrist and hand while pushing.
- Wind-tight, water-proof, and breathable functional layers keep hands warm in wet conditions.
- Chiba Warm Winter Gloves have a specialized heating pocket where a personal hand warmer can be inserted to heat hands up to 120° - 140° for up to 8 to 12 hours.
- Warm Winter Glove palms are reinforced to provide a safe grip even in wet conditions.
- Specifically designed for wheelchair use, gel pads are strategically placed to reduce the pressure and reduce the vibrations on the Ulnar nerve and carpal bones.
Composition: 85% Polyester, 7% Polyurethane, 5% Paramide, 3% Elastan
• Elastic top hand made of Spantex for perfect fit
• Powernet between fingers provides excellent breathability
• Thumbs made of terry cloth for perspiration control,
• Double stitching for robustness and durability
• Robust palm hand made of Clarino, with silicon to ensure solid grip
• Gel cushions protect carpal tunnels and reduce hand fatigue
• Kevlar-reinforced palm hand for extended durability
• Neoprone wrist closure
• Washable at 30°C
See them in Action
Chiba Gel Protect PRO
Gel Protect Premium Kevlar
Step 1: Measure your Hand
The key to getting a really great fitting glove is to measure the circumference of your hand.
Step 2: Choose your Size
|Hand Circumference||Coresponding Size|
|(inches)||(cm)||Kids Size||Adult Size|
As an example, Steve finds that the circumference of his hand is about 8.75 inches. Steve would then choose a large size glove.
Marie finds that she has a a hand circumference of 6.5". Marie could comfortably use a Kids size Large or an Adult size XS.
The History of Chiba
More than 150 years ago Chiba was appointed by the Austrian emperor to be the supplier of gloves for the imperial family due to the high quality of their products and their skill. Manufacturing gloves has always been a special skill. In former times it was necessary to select the right leather, tan it, sand it down to the correct thickness, stretch it and cut it to shape. A single mistake by the glove maker meant that the entire glove was unusable. But even today the demands regarding quality, functionality and durability are still high. Their own ISO 9001 certified production has enabled Chiba to become more deeply involved in the development and manufacture of gloves than any other manufacturer putting them in the position to offer the best quality, functionality, the
highest possible protection and extreme durability of the products all of which will benefit you.
- Can be mounted to any wheelchair, walker, bicycle, or stroller with 3 adjustable Velcro straps
- Securely holds a medium sized water bottle
- Outer pocket is perfect for your cellphone, credit cards, or keys
- Made from durable wet-suit material